Tuesday, February 15, 2011

If you read this....

If you are the type of person who reads prepping blogs, you are likely the type of person who watches the news and understands that today's news was all bad.
Of all the frightening news I heard today, the prediction of a global food shortage was the most alarming of all.  Even bloggers who don't alarm easily are ringing the warning bells. The price of food is on the rise...DRAMATICALLY on the rise.

What you are paying for food right now may easily double by the end of the year.

Bloggers that I follow have described it as a perfect storm:  freakishly cold weather causing poor harvests, civil unrest in the Middle East triggering a rise in fuel prices, and the dangerously indebted economy in the US. This all boils down to one thing.

PREPARE NOW. 

Time is not just running out.  Time is out.

I'm between a rock and a hard place because I'm in the process of moving, along with all of the expense that it involves.  That being said, I'm taking everything I can spare and investing it in food.  Beans, grains and
frozen veggies.  Dairy products that I can store.  Powdered milk for my morning coffee.

I feel like I should be so much further ahead than I am now, but I know that by prepping at all, I'm further ahead than most people.  I just hope that is enough to keep us afloat through this crisis.  I'm mentally planning my garden and trying to figure out how to afford a dehydrator. I'm ready for action.

No comments:

Post a Comment